Subject: Re: IIci keyboard ?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Mattis <petm@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/14/1994 01:30:08
On Tue, 13 Dec 1994 s.claesen@ic.ac.uk wrote:

> The boot sequence seems to run fine until the screen blanks, (after
> the MacOS window quits) then comes up with
>
> [preserving 73360 bytes of NetBSD Symbol table]
>
> and comes up with a load of garbage vertical bars on the screen
> (they dont look like solid grey bars). In colour mode, they
> appear to be a byte-wide pattern of the following colours:
>
> purple, white, white, green, orange, white, white, white
>
> And then the thing hangs. That's it.

Interesting. You described (in a lot better detail) exactly the same
problem I had with my IIsi. I thought it was my 3-button mouse. Nope, it
appears the problem was with netbsd10. Using netbsd10.patched solved the
problem.

peter mattis

PS In my case it appeared that the problem went away auto-magically.
Actually, I had installed netbsd10.patched while studying for a final and
forgot I did it. (I guess the brain goes to mush after looking at
Schrodinger's equation for too long).