Subject: [Alderc@aol.com: Please forward to netbsd.org]
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/13/1994 03:04:42
Macs are not my cup of tea.  Can someone else reply to this?

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 14:06:05 -0500
From: Alderc@aol.com
To: info@netbsd.org
Cc: Alderc@aol.com
Subject: Unix for MAC

Howdy!

I am Al Castanoli, a 3B2/3B15/SunSparc2/MAC system administrator.

In chatting with other lovers of old iron on USENET, I was informed you
folks might have a Unix ported to the Motorola 68000 series.  I saw at
your ftp site ftp.netbsd.org that you have an Amiga folder and that's
not too far from what I need.

I run a MAC under MacOS 7.1 with a 33MHz Motorola 68030 with FPU.
I also have a CD-ROM and was wondering if you know where I could
get Unix for this beast.  I need to use a C compiler and those available
for the MAC are clumsy after learning on Unix boxes.  I'm most familiar
with Solaris SunOS 1.2 that I use on a Sparc2,  UnixVr4 that I use on
the 3B2/600G and various 3B15 configuations, and Microsoggy Xenix
used on various Intel desktops.  Ideal would be a CD-ROM similar to
the Linux on Prentiss Halls Internet Starter Kit, but I have a 14.400
modem and about 70MB free space on my hard disk, so I could ftp if
necessary.

Thanks in advance,
Al Castanoli