Subject: MRG Kernel & gdb
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/12/1994 13:04:03
	I'm running the MRG kernel (puma:/pub/test/netbsd).  I'm trying
to find out what's up with dt on my SE/30 with a Micron Xceed Color 30
card, but gdb is being uncooperative.  It doesn't think core files are
core files...

	I assume this means I need to rebuild gdb under the new
kernel?  Or is something else amiss?  I've got the GNU source tree, but
recompilation is a slow process, as I've got the "biodone already"
problem in a big way.  Is there a binary available somewhere, or is
there another solution?

	Out of curiosity, how come ps and other friends of kvm are
busted under this kernel?  Has the size of a proc structure changed
again, or something?  Will a rebuild with the 1.0 libraries and
includes help?

--
Tres Hofmeister
tres@ncar.ucar.edu