Subject: Re: IIsi
To: kr <kr@shell.portal.com>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/11/1994 23:00:56
> At 06:56 94-12-11, Allen Briggs wrote:
> >the hardware.  This is what sparked the change to start trying to use
> >the ROM routines for adb functionality (which helped some machines, but
> >broke others and didn't do anything for the IIsi).
>
> Might it be possible that there are bugs in the ROMs, which the MacOS needs
> to patch upon start-up before being able to do something useful ? If one
> would then not emulate this machine-specific patching, it would not work
> very well.

Don't you have a IIsi?  Can you check this hypothesis and let me know
what you find?  I'd be very grateful.  In fact, I'd be happy if anyone
would look at my code and say, "oh, you're missing a comma," or
something equally helpful.

		-Brad "Feeling very frustrated" Grantham
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@tenon.com ++++++++++++++++ http://acm.vt.edu/~grantham/
UNIX is kind of like a car with primer but no paint, foam but no upholstery, a