Subject: Re: IIsi
To: Peter Mattis <petm@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/11/1994 09:56:16
> Does anybody have any idea why adbinit() would timeout? This prevents me
> from using the keyboard and/or mouse...which is kind of makes doing
> interesting things difficult.

This is what was meant by "the IIsi works with a serial console" and
"ADB does not work on the IIsi or a number of other, newer Macs."  The
problems lie in the fact that Apple scrambled the hardware that actually
deals with ADB control and didn't bother to publish any details about
the hardware.  This is what sparked the change to start trying to use
the ROM routines for adb functionality (which helped some machines, but
broke others and didn't do anything for the IIsi).

> BTW, if I have my 3-button mouse hooked up, I get a nice crash

What 3-button mouse is this?

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **