Subject: Re: vm_fault
To: None <briggs@mail.vt.edu>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/28/1994 17:00:57
In message <9411290056.AA02795@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>,
	Allen Briggs writes:
>> every kernel i compile from my sources, with the patches in 'README.LATE'
>> from cray-ymp, crashes upon trying to start init. my sources are 1.0.
>
>Which machine do you have?  Are you compiling the GENERIC kernel?

GENERIC w/ NFSCLIENT turned on. it is an SE/30 with 5.5megs of RAM.
used to have an E-Machines 'big picture' external display, but i ripped
it out (it was having the same problem before i removed the external
display). no ethernet.

i verified that the kernel patches got applied correctly, and they did.

>> somehow i don't think this was *quite* ready to be called 1.0.
>
>You're right.  It wasn't, but it needed to be kicked out the door
>anyway.  There are other problems, too...

i'm used to machines having problems, i started messing with the hp300 long
before i should have, as well. i'd just really like to get this to go...

any ideas?

-------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------
	       All new home page! http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj