Subject: Re: SE/30
To: Dameon D. Welch <dwelch@scudc.scu.edu>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/27/1994 01:12:48
In message <199411270906.BAA17132@CSOS.ORST.EDU>,
	"Dameon D. Welch" writes:
>Quotes from the great literary masterpieces of Jason Downs:
>
>>i have successfully installed 1.0 on the Mac. i know the console prefers
>>not to work, so i tried 'dt'. it also prefers not to work (it simply clears
>>the screen and hangs from single user.)
>
>Do you have an external video card? dt doesn't work on my machine either
>(I have a Micro Xceed Color/30).

yes, this was the problem. the Mac has an external display, which was coming
up on grf0, while i needed it (dt) run on grf1, the internal display.

it would be better if the ite worked.

>>i've tried the serial port as console. it also prefers not to work, with
>>a variety of cables (all null modem connecting at 9600bps/8N1 to an
>>HP terminal).
>
>That oughta be amusing. I was gonna try that. I doubt that 'dt' will
>work on something other than the 'native' console. The guy who wrote
>'dt' told me he was gonna have a look at the source and see what he
>could do.

i just now got the serial port to come up, but i've not tried it as
console (and don't want to, really, since it's getting SLIP off of
my hp425).

-------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------
	       All new home page! http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj