Subject: Re: Announcement: 1.0(Beta) FAQ
To: Lawrence Kesteloot <kesteloo@cs.unc.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/15/1994 00:15:49
> > I'd vote yes on a comp.os. group for either general NetBSD discussion
> > and/or one specifically for macBSD. sure would be nicer than a mailing
> > list, aside from propagation delays.
>
> What's wrong with comp.unix.bsd?  The active members on this list monitor
> that group and answer questions on it already.
>
> Certainly a MacBSD group is unwarranted.  If anything, core@netbsd.org
> should make comp.os.netbsd to complement the comp.os.386bsd hierarchy.
> Even that seems unnecessary, though, since comp.unix.bsd has such little

There is an RFD that was recently mailed to one of the netbsd mailing
lists (I don't recall which one--haven't had time to really look at it).
It was a request for creation of a 4th layer to comp.unix.bsd that would
have room for netbsd, freebsd, 386bsd, bsdi and maybe something else.

The plan was that the comp.os.386bsd.* traffic would migrate over to the
new groups and then the old groups would be retired.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **