Subject: Re: Stupid Question
To: None <hotz@libra.loral.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/11/1994 08:57:15
   Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 20:37:16 -0800
   From: hotz@libra.loral.com (Henry B. Hotz)

   What is the big deal about support for fpu-less machines?
   I'm sure that a complete trap-emulation package must be available from
   Motorola, and probably other places as well.

The problem is, there is no complete FPU emulator available for use in
NetBSD/Mac (I know Sun and probably others have done it, but it's
extremely unlikely that we could pull out the code and put it into the
source tree, or even get to see the source code at all).

   I doubt the package is so big that you couldn't leave it
   there all the time, and if you leave the trap vectors there all the time
   that shouldn't be a big deal either since you can stick whatever vectors
   you want into the entries that don't get used if an FPU really is there.

You are completely right on this one.

Ken