Subject: Survey Results
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: David Holcomb <holcomb@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/09/1994 16:53:52
The histogram represents the quantity of each machine within
the NetBSD/mac68k community for the people who responded to
the survey.

                        1    1    2
              -----5----0----5----0
Working:
--------
SE30          |**********
II            |************
IIx           |***
IIcx          |*********
IIci          |***************

Almost work: (can operate over serial port)
------------
IIsi          |******************
IIvx          |****

ADB ROM Driver
May Fix:
--------------
PB165         |*
PB180         |*
PB180c        |*
Duo230        |****

Probably won't
work until '040:
----------------
C610          |*******
C650          |***
Q650          |****
C660av/Q660av |***
Q605/LC475    |***
Q610          |**
Q630          |**
Q700          |****
Q800          |***
Q840av        |**
Q900          |*
Q950          |**

Need FPU Emulation:
-------------------
Classic II    |**
LC II         |*
LC III        |*
PB145         |*
PB145b        |*
PB160         |*
PB540         |*
PB540c        |*

Lots of unknowns:
-----------------
IIfx          |****
PM6100        |*****
PM7100        |**
PM7100av      |*
PM8100        |**
PM8100av      |*

75 users total responded to survey
140 machines total for those users

I guess the sample shows that the majority of the people
subscribed to the macbsd-general mailing list have access
to a working machine.  But there are a large number of
'040 users out there waiting for NetBSD/mac68k to work on
their machines.

Note that many people had more than one machine that they
had access to.  And most of those had access to more than
one working machine.

I'm actually going to continue the survey.  If you haven't
replied to me yet and would like to, go ahead and e-mail
me with the word "survey" in the title.

Thanks to all who responded!

--Dave Holcomb