Subject: Serial port question.
To: MacBSD <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Chip Burkhead <chip@garnet.msen.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/04/1994 17:19:32
   I may be getting a bit ahead of myself; but I wanted to try to set up
my modem port so that I could dial into my Mac. I have already figured
that ser0 & ser1 are the serial ports and that I will need to set one of
them up in /etc/ttys. But, which one is which? Also is there an easy way
to config. them on boot up to put the modem into auto answer mode? I
figure that I could save a profile in the modem if need be; but I need a
way to easily send the ATS0=1 to it to make it answer. Any suggestions?

   Also, why I'm thinking about it, what is the file name of the file
where you specify the accounts with su access? I remember there being one
on a BSDI system I was on once; but I can't remember what it was called.

           |            Email:  Internet - chip@msen.com           |
           |  And I dream of stars, and rockets spitting fire.     |
           |  I dream of fairies, and hobbits in the Shire.        |
           |  And pray for a wind, that blows from rainbow's end.  |
           |  To carry me away, where I won't have to pretend.     |
           |             "Wind From Rainbow's End" - Bill Roper    |