Subject: Building MacBSD cross on a hostile architecture.
To: macbsd macbsd <macbsd-general@NetBSD.Org>
From: Michael Smith <miff@apanix.apana.org.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/26/1994 00:45:54
Ok people :

I know you can build gcc to crosscompile.

I understand that 'cc' for NetBSD is gcc 2.4.5, which is hard to find
these days. (2.6.0 seems to be popular).

I know some smart so&so ported gcc to the BSD make.

I have the gnu source archive from ftp.NetBSD.Org.

I would like to build a MacBSD-target gcc/ld on an intel machine, which
also has gcc as its default compiler.

I have access to the various gcc internals files for both machines.

Has anyone done this before? Can you fill me in on what you did?

In particular, what are the targets that will actually cause things to
be compiled?  I've tried all the 'obvious' ones 8(

--
# mike smith : miff@apanix.apana.org.au - Silicon grease monkey        #
# "The question 'why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical'  #