Subject: Mac IIci minimal console problems
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <goyettep@ccnet.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/25/1994 08:25:37
Anyone got NetBSD (BETA-1) working on a Mac IIci?

I've got a Futura SX 24-bit accellerated video card driving my Apple 13"
RGB monitor.  Whenever I boot up NetBSD, it claims that my monitor is 320 x
240 (!) rather than 640 x 480.

Then, as soon as it scrolls (due to typing on the last - 49th! - line of
the screen, no further input is accepted from the keyboard.  I've managed
to get past running vipw by setting the terminal to have only 24 lines, but
some time further down the road (at seemingly random point) the same kind
of freeze happens.  Most of the time I can't even get into the panic
debugger with the interrupt switch!

Any suggestions?

| Paul Goyette        | PGP Public key available on request  |
| goyettep@ccnet.com  | Fingerprint: 9D 3C 90 0E DA 46 10 59 |
|                     |              15 F2 87 D6 AA BD 90 D5 |