Subject: Re: mac IIx problems
To: None <killourh@chaph.usc.edu, macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Brewer <brewer@umd5.umd.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/22/1994 09:39:52
>If the major stumbling block is the SCSI controller, I'd suggest looking
>into writing in support for a third-part SCSI controller card, of which

>From what I've heard its just as difficult to get documentation internal
to Apple if you are an Apple technical type! This seems to be
continuously corroborated over in comp.unix.aux when Apple folks often
are less informed than follower's of that new group.

>into writing in support for a third-part SCSI controller card, of which

Support for something like the FWB sledge hammer makes alot of sense but
are they going to give you the technical information you need?

-- Peter

The problem with modern technology is not only that it is changing so fast but
that because of specialized fields and their associated 'specialty languages',
we don't understand, decisions are 'made for us'. To maintain our freedom
a way must be found to inform and educate everyone about the rapid changes,
the multi-disciplinary decisions, and their effect.
               -- Excerpted from James Burke & his Connections series

*The Answer is*: 1968: E-mail, computer conferencing, multiple windows, mice.
                    "Augmentation of Man's Intellect!!". -- Doug Englebart
                    "Increasing the capability of man to approach a complex
                     problem or situation, gain comprehension to suit his
                     particular needs and derive solutions to problems."

              Whose implementation is *** INTERNET ****