Subject: Re: mac IIx problems
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Killourhy <killourh@chaph.usc.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/21/1994 19:18:50
> >The problem is that it is impossible to get any documentation about the
> >custom apple hardware and the fx is full of it.
>
> I wonder if this will change in light of Apple's new policies...
>
> --Rob
>
> (For those who have not seen it.)
>
> >=====================================
> >POWERFLASH: APPLE CLARIFIES SYSTEM 7 LICENSING
> >(September 19th 1994) Apple Computer says to expect the first Power
[REST OF ARTICLE DELETED]

I saw a similar piece in MacWEEK a while ago (although MacWEEK named
names, and some pretty impressive names they were, at that..), but I
really doubt that this will much, if at all..

If the major stumbling block is the SCSI controller, I'd suggest looking
into writing in support for a third-part SCSI controller card, of which
there are several... possibly manufacturers of these would be more willing
to release info than Apple is...