Subject: Re: NetBSD/Mac68k and X11 Windows
To: Dave Slotter <dsoduser@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
From: David Holcomb <holcomb@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/15/1994 17:26:59
> >Not at all.  But you can mount an A/UX filesystem read-only
> >just fine.
>
> It's interesting to see that you can do this, but can you do the reverse,
> i.e. mount the BSD file system (read only or read/write) on A/UX?

I've been unsuccessful doing this myself.  That's not to say
A/UX *can't* do it, but it's not as easy as:
   mount -o ro /dev/c3d0s0 /mnt

>From NetBSD/mac68k, the equivalent would be:
   mount -r /dev/sd3a /mnt

BSD's mount works fine in this case, as long as the A/UX filesystem
on sd3a is formatted for bsd.

I should have mentioned before that you probably won't be able
to mount A/UX filesystems that are SysV.  I don't have access
to one, or I'd try it myself.

--Dave