Subject: Re: Children, go play in /dev/null
To: James Stricherz <stricher@enso.ocean.fsu.edu>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/12/1994 15:35:28
> According to Space Case:
>
> > Oh, I see.  You've gotta have the last word.  Reminds me of some
> > children I know...
>
> Oh, spare me. You want a thread to end, and to end it you toss out
> an insult? Pot. Kettle. Black.

Steve has put enough effort back into MacBSD that I think we can
accept his (very reasonable) request that people stop acting like
children and take the philosophical discussion elsewhere, so we
can get back to our productive silence.  I'm about to ask for
testers for my new ROM ADB driver and I'd prefer not to have to shout
through this noise.  This discussion is not going to change the
minds of the principle developers of NetBSD/Mac, who are, by and
large, already members of the FSF and have been around this circle
many times before, or of the major participants, who seem childishly
steadfast against conceding ANY points to the opposition.

I'd like to request (AGAIN) that people *please* take the FSF Boycott
discussion somewhere else, like the many gnu newsgroups.  This is the
kind of thing that makes list owners restrict posting access and
kick subscribers off.  Please respect our decision to leave macbsd-*
open to all.

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com >+------+< Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
MacBSD : II, IIx, IIcx, IIci, SE/30, IIsi, IIvx -- The list is growing...