Subject: Re: '040
To: None <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/12/1994 09:25:26
	     consent of the author.

???  Should I not include mails from you in my mails?

   Date: Sat, 10 Sep 1994 03:11:49 -0400
   From: "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>

   a quick look in .../gnu/usr.bin/gas/opcode/m68k.h reveals that in the
   instruction descriptions:

[descriptions deleted...]

   then replace your assembler with the hacked on, and viola, you've got
   FP instructions for which you don't have a cprocessor...

Thank you for answering my question before I ask it ;-) (I submitted Q
about changing CpID after you submitted this but before I received, I
suppose)

   It shouldn't be that hard to get the emulator do a quick check of
   #define'd number against the CpID field of the CP instructions --
   in fact, you need to do it anyway, so you don't try to interpret
   'random' coprocessor instructions as FP ones...

Yes, I'll disable CpID check only for debugging purpose.

I wish only if CpID were dynamically changeable in gas, though.

Ken