Subject: Re: Mounting A/UX filesystems (was Re: NetBSD/Mac68k and X11 Windows
To: Richard Todd <rmtodd@servalan.servalan.com>
From: Allen `Tell me three times' Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/11/1994 14:36:37
> So, before I dive into the kernel source to try and figure out why it's doing
> this, can anyone explain what the algorithm is that NetBSD/mac tries to use
> to map standard Macintosh partition table entries to the entries the NetBSD
> device drivers use?

Only the first 8 partitions are recognized.  :-(

sdXa -- first A/UX root partition found
sdXb -- first A/UX swap partition found
sdXg -- first A/UX user or "Root & Usr" partition found (not counting
	the partition, if any for sdXa)
sdXc -- entire disk

The rest are assigned in the order in which they were found.

I think we'll want to change this one more time--maybe in using another
bit to give us 16 instead of 8 partitions.  The code is in the file:
src/sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/disksubr.c.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
 "We'll call you when you're 6 years old and drag you to the factory to drain
  your brain for 18 years with promise of security, but then you're free
  and 40 years you waste to chase the dollar sign so you may die in Florida"