Subject: Some General Questions
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: John S. Cho <jscho@uclink.berkeley.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/09/1994 18:08:24
I had a few questions regarding MacBSD.

1.) I heard that MacBSD does not currently run on a 68040 Macintosh. When
will an '040 compatible version of MacBSD be available?

2.) If/When question #1 happens, do I have to reformat my hard drive with
an A/UX or other type of partition?

3.) Is it possible to switch back and forth from MacBSD and System 7? (Can
I run my Mac applications?) Or does my computer become a dedicated UNIX
machine by installing MacBSD?

Just for information, I'm currently using a Mac Centris 650 with 28megs of
RAM, 2 hard drives (230 internal, 525 external).

I appreciate any and all information.

Thanks in advance,

John

         ._/ John Seungwon Cho (Koden)       ( "If not today nor yet tomorrow,
        ._/ koden@well.com                    `.   then some other day."
 ._/   ._/ jscho@{uclink,soda,ocf}.berkeley.edu )
._/._/._/ University of California, Berkeley  .'              - Dream Theater