Subject: Ethernet driver
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/09/1994 13:26:50
I know that someone out there is working on the Ethernet driver for MacBSD, but I haven't
heard any kind of progess report on how that is going...Any guesses as to how long it will
be until we see an ethernet driver available?

Another related question: Will any ethernet card that is "Apple compatable" (that is, it
would work with Apple's drivers, no extra proprietary software needed) work with the
MacBSD ethernet driver being developed?  Or should I be looking only to buy an Apple
Ethernet card if I want to use ethernet with MacBSD?  Or is there no way to tell yet?

Scott Kaplan
sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu

p.s. Lawrence, I couldn't find your email address, but just so you know, the IIci arrived
today, and although i haven't tried to make it go yet, it seems just fine.  Thanks!