Subject: MacBSD on Duo 270c
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Kendig <bskendig@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/19/1994 05:52:09
Hi,
I've just copied the newest (?) files for MacBSD
(BETA-1 et. al. off of cray-ymp...) and I was
going to try installing it on my Duo 270c this
evening. Has anyone tried this? Should I wait
for newer releases? The FAQ eluded that I may
have some limited success but I'm not sure what
that means. I was going to format my 240MB drive
like so:

   100MB - Macintosh partition
   124MB - A/UX root&usr slice 0
    16MB - A/UX swap slice 1

I have 12MB RAM. Any hints, advice, pointers,
warnings regarding this effort before I get
knee deep in it over the next couple of days
would be *greatly* appreciated!

Also, I had to untar /usr/bin, /usr/lib and /usr/libexec
and re-tar/gzip them down to multiple pieces since they
won't fit on a 1.44MB floppy. Is there a better way to
do this? Is there a Mac tar/bar that will work across
multiple volumes like Unix's bar command? This was sort
of a pain in the butt. (I don't have a way to ftp directly
to my Mac and we don't run AppleTalk on our LAN at work).

Thanks in advance,
--
David Avraamides
Goldman, Sachs & Co.