Subject: Linux in Alpha? (was Re: A Quadra port??!!?? YIPPEE!)
To: None <ahuslage@interpath.net>
From: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/12/1994 21:18:47
   Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 19:10:15 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Aaron Huslage <ahuslage@interpath.net>
   Cc: Spencer Allan Smith <spencera@cs.uoregon.edu>, briggs@mail.vt.edu,
	   macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu

   Also...Linux is also reportedly being ported to Power Mac, and is also in
   alpha. I wouldn't even know where to tell you to get it!
   ^^^^^

They are in *alpha*???  Do you mean their system is actually running
at all???  Do you remember someone posted here asking for proper
procedures to touch bare hardware on PowerMacs?  He stated he was
working for Linux PowerMac port, although I don't know he was a member
of the team you are talking about.  Also I remember someone posted to
comp.sys.mac.hardware asking if there were PowerMac hardware
documentations...  I can hardly believe this.  Would you mind giving
us some clue like where to look, etc?

Ken