To: Paul Jaffray <pjaffray@orange.digex.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/10/1994 14:44:33
> Someone mentioned in a previous message a mailing list archive.  Does
> such a thing exist, where is it, and how do I access it.

Yes.  It's on sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu and probably hard to get to for
that reason--I can't get there to get the exact path for you, at the
moment...

> -System boots in single user mode but just about everything I do results
> in the message "No ld.so".  I have no idea what this means.

Did you install all on one partition, or do you have a /usr partition?
ld.so is necessary to load dynamically liked executables.  I think that
it should be in /usr/libexec (I could be wrong...).

> -I am unable to mount the file system read/write.  I issue the "mount -u
> /" command but get the message "fstab: /etc/fstabNo such file or
> directory  Segmentation fault"

Do you have /dev/sd0a, etc.?  If not, you need to install a dev.tar that
has some files in it--I screwed up on this one a while back and don't
recall if BETA-1 fixed that.  Since you don't have an /etc/fstab, it
can't locate the correct device for /.  Try mount -u /dev/sd0a /.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===