Subject: Re: Scoop on IIvx setup.
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jeremy Alan Green <jag@tiac.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/08/1994 15:43:39
>connected. Then I open ncsa telnet, using SLIP option. I get a teminal
>window, with NetBSD Mac Console message. But I can not ftp, or even ping
>130.0.9.1. I am confused. What is the IP addres 130.0.9.1. Is that on IIvx
>or IIci?  Any way, I may need to get O'Reiley book on tcpip connections.
>But meanwhile, if someone has any ideas, please help.

I got slip working on my machine but I didn't use ncsa telnet.  I just told
the macbsd machine to bring up the slip connection and then I told
interslip to connect.  It worked fine.  If you get a chance though, I would
try to recompile the kernel and use ppp.  I think that it works a little
better.  It's very easy to get working.  If you still need help getting
slip working, I can try to get it working on my machine again and then I'll
tell you how I did it...

                        -Jeremy

                      Jeremy Alan Green
             jag@tiac.net    jag@world.std.com