Subject: Re: Scoop on IIvx setup.
To: Tasuki Hirata <sukes@eng.umd.edu>
From: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/08/1994 13:16:20
>So, what are you running on the IIci side as a slip server?
>And don't forget routing...
>
>--
>|  suki               |    "Hell, if you understand everything I say,    |
>|  Tasuki Hirata      |         you'd be me."  --  Miles Davis           |
>|  sukes@eng.umd.edu  |          ** Place Disclaimer Here  **            |

I have run both macbsd on IIci as well as Interslip's SLIP control panel on
the macos on IIci. This is how I do it.

IIvx. ifconfig sl0 130.0.9.1 130.200.50.20 netmask 0xfffffc00 up
      route add default 130.200.50.20
      slattach -h -s 19200 /dev/ser0

On the Mac IIci I run interslip's slip control panel. I use direct
connection, since the two
serial ports are connected. I have mactcp that I use. I give IP no.
130.0.9.1 , I use 130.200.50.20 as gateway. slip control panel is then
connected. Then I open ncsa telnet, using SLIP option. I get a teminal
window, with NetBSD Mac Console message. But I can not ftp, or even ping
130.0.9.1. I am confused. What is the IP addres 130.0.9.1. Is that on IIvx
or IIci?  Any way, I may need to get O'Reiley book on tcpip connections.
But meanwhile, if someone has any ideas, please help.

Sincerely:
Bharat S. Jhaveri
bjhaveri@arco.com