Subject: How can I help?
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@soda.berkeley.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/07/1994 10:50:40
I'd like to know how I can contribute to MacBSD. Is the macbsd-general
listserv the right place, or should I ask somewhere else?

I'm 14 years old, so I don't have a lot of real-world programming experience.
In particular, the only assembly I'm familiar with is the MIPS R2000 asm,
which is RISC and therefore very different from the 680x0.

I have, however, had some academic programming experience. I have taken
the basic set of compsci courses here at UC Berkeley, as well as an
operating systems/systems programming class. I have done most of the
NACHOS assignments, so I'm familiar with how interrupts, swapping, context
switching, etc. work and how to implement them.

I'm fluent in C and C++.

Is there any way in which I can be of use? Thanks a lot!
        -Ben