Subject: Re: Traffic
To: Dave Slotter <dsoduser@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/27/1994 08:36:47
> Actually, I have an internal video card for it. ;-) Now, whether the Lapis
> card works or not is another issue, but if I understand correctly, the IIsi
> memory mapping is similar enough to the IIci's that this should solve the
> memory mapping problem. Of course, to make the situation more complicated,
> I use a ComboCache IIsi which is a cache card similar to the IIci but has
> two PDS slots on it where one is the Lapis card and the other is the
> Farallon Ethernet card (register-compatible with the Apple specs). Do you
> need information about this card? I remember someone asking about Ethernet
> cards a while back.

Ooof.  I'd like to know how those probe after it boots...  Should be
interesting....  Anyway, the IIsi and IIci seem to differ in that the
IIsi has 1MB soldered into bank A and the IIci has SIMM slots.  The
IIci folks are still only able to use bank A, and 1MB is not enough to
boot with.  When the memory mapping problems are solved, it should affect
both machines...
If it's register compatible with the Apple card, then we can try to treat
it as an Apple card and see if it works ;-)

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===