Subject: MacBSD killed my monitor ???
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael Engel <engel@numerik.fb6.uni-siegen.de>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/24/1994 22:43:04
Hello all,

yesterday I managed to install MacBSD on my Mac IIcx again.

I had MacBSD installed two months ago, and experienced the following
problem :

While MacBSD was printing text, the display starts flickering. It looks like vertical synchronisation gets lost. After a few minutes, my old Multisync
died :-(
This monitor was a TVM MG-11 monochrome multisync. I replaced it with
exactly the same type of monitor, and yesterday (after installing MacBSD)
the symptoms reappeared.

While running System 7, everything works fine.

My h/w configuration is :

Mac IIcx, 4 MB RAM, Quantum LPS540 hard disk
Apple Toby frame buffer card

Did someone of you, especially in Europe (it might be related to the
50 Hz line clock ???), experience similar problems ???

Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks,
	Michael Engel	(engel@numerik.fb6.uni-siegen.de)
	University of Siegen