Subject: Yahoo! I think.
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/14/1994 13:43:26
I am, at this moment, both happy and sad.  I am a IIci owner who has been
very excited about MacBSD.  I finally picked myself up a used NuBus video
card.  Even without BSD, this is good for (slightly faster video, free up some
RAM...), but with MacBSD it becomes an amazing thing.

So, the good news is, I can boot up!  I've got the Alpha 2 binaries and
the netbsd.CI kernel.  It's not a flawless boot, and I should probably watch
it more carefully and report what's happening.

However, I want to mention some troubles, too...
I can't seem to execute more than just a few commands.  Some commands
never work.  And any kind of error in my command tends to hang the machine.
Is the CI kernel this buggy for everyone that tries it?  Will there be a newer
kernel which has the changes so that the IIci works with the NuBus video?
Does this all sound very wierd and I might have screwed something up?

Thanks for the help.

Scott