Subject: Re: new & old kernals and cu
To: Tim Lindner <tlindner@netcom.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/10/1994 17:01:33
> When I use the new kernal (dated 012294) the ps command does not work. I get:
>
> ps: proc size mismatch (got 9542 total, kinfo_proc: 558)
>
> when I use another kernal (dated 010294) it works correctly.

Yes.  The size of struct proc, which is shared between the kernel and
some user programs, changed.  It has since changed again...  The next
release should have its binaries and kernel in sync.

> The other question I have involves cu. When I type:
> cu -a /dev/ser0 -l 19200

Try:
	cu -l /dev/ser0 -s 19200
;-)

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****