Subject: Re: tar hangup and numerous fs errors
To: Albert A. Martin <Al.Martin@Eng.Sun.COM>
From: Michael Finch <finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/07/1994 20:49:16
Albert A. Martin wrote:
> Is there any possibility of getting fsck abilities built into either
> the installer or the booter?  The cycle of [boot MacOS - boot MacBSD
> single - fsck - fsck - ... - reboot (to MacOS) - boot MacBSD multi] is
> somewhat painful.  In particular, trying to install more files on a
> corrupted file system (admittedly A Bad Idea) is properly caught by the
> installer, but causes an additional cycle similar to the above.

I have often thought a stand alone fsck would be so very useful.
It would not be very hard for someone to do.  The source to fsck
is available.  All you would do is take the guts (the file system
calls) from the installer source and compile it under think C.
All the source is there, HAVE FUN.

-Mike

--
finchm@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu   | Ask me how to awaken the sexual