Subject: Re: MacBSD on the IIci
To: Serge Prud'homme <prudhom@iro.umontreal.ca>
From: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/05/1994 14:37:28

>> I have macbsd up and running on my IIci for almost a month now. So I have
>> been trying to compile some source codes. What I find that almost never I
>(stuff deleted)
>>
>> Bharat S. Jhaveri
>> bjhaveri@arco.com
>

>Hello Bharat,  I'm afraid I can't help with the tar problem but I am curious
>as how you managed to make MacBSD run on the IIci, I was told it doesn't
>work on the IIci...  Did you hack a bit to make it work or is it just that
>you are able to live with the problems?
>
>If you have a modified version of MacBSD that works on the IIci I would
>really like to get a copy of it.
>

>Thanks for your time
>
>        Serge

 I had to disconnect the internal video and add a nubus external video card
to make it work. I have latest tar_files from sun-lamp@cs.berkeley.edu.
But, I don't think that it made any difference than the one eariler alpha
version tar_files from cray-ymp. Although the current version works most of
the time, I do not know how it is suppose to work on MacII with PMMU or
68030 chips, so I really do not know if the kernel hanging up has anything
to do with mac being IIci. I have a kernel that I compiled from the source
on the sun-lamp, I think it is same or simialr to the one on kitten that is
not released as of yet. I hope my tar problems have more to do with disk
partitioning rather than the IICi problem. I am looking forward to some
pointers from experts out here.

Bharat S. Jhaveri
bjhaveri@arco.com