Subject: Re: macBSD in Canada
To: Dufour Claude <dufourc@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/02/1994 10:33:25
>     I just discovered about Mac BSD today. I wander when I will be
> allowed to download it in Canada.

Soon, I hope.

>     I would also like to know if you plan to make it work with the
> Centris 650, and eventually to port port it to the PowerPC

I'm putting myself in debt to get a Q700.  I hope to get it running
on that.  I don't _plan_ to port to any more Macs after that--although
I'd be happy to have someone else do it and would welcome their code.
As for PPC, I hope to work on that at some point--like maybe buy a PDS
upgrade for the Q700 after I get MacBSD running on the '040...  Of
course, that's not a trivial effort.  With the 68k, there was already
an existing hp300 port to work from.  With the PPC, there will already
be some drivers that we can use from the Mac68k port, but a lot of
stuff will have to be reimplemented.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****