Subject: Re: yowza! tenon
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Dave Slotter <dsoduser@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/15/1994 16:33:13
>> be able to develop Motif applications without leaving the MacOS
>> functionality.  Of course, I hope to be porting X programs to
>> MacBSD soon enough.  True, I could do the same with A/UX and
>> Motif, but then I have to contend with Apple's confusing puree
>> of BSD and System 5.
>
>A few things to add...  Motif isn't currently available for A/UX,
>as far as I know.  Too few people use native X (non MacX).

[text deleted for brevity]

>-allen

Actually, older versions of Motif (at least) run on A/UX. I'm currently
trying to get the patches for it. (Not that X11 likes my Lapis card or
anything.) I mostly use System 7 on top of A/UX instead of X11 for that
reason.

-Dave

dsoduser@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu (Primary)  | SysOp, The DUsers (World's first MUG)
tdslotte@mcs.drexel.edu (Secondary)      | James Creese Student Union Complex
slotter@gnu.ai.mit.edu                   | 3210 Chestnut Street
215-895-2573 voicemail 215-895-2579 BBS  | Philadelphia, PA  19104-3412, USA