Subject: kitten.async.vt.edu:/pub/ports
To: None <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/24/1994 09:32:04
There are several ported programs under pub/ports on
kitten.async.vt.edu.  Since this is a SLIP connection and rather
slow, Lawrence (lkestel) suggested that they go up on cray-ymp
or elsewhere for public consumption.  I know that hulk.sfsu.edu
has offered, and neon.chem.utk.edu already has emacs available,
so...  Who wants to be a "ports archive?"  The programs I've ported
are pretty much rough compile-so-I-can-use-it and you might want
to take what I've got and rebuild from that, or start from scratch.

Do we want one site as a master ports archive, or several sites that
each pick up stuff that goes to the other.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****