Subject: trn for MacBSD
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/12/1994 16:05:21
Netters-
	I've got version 3.4.1 of trn (threaded news reader) compiled for
MacBSD.  It's not tar'd in a 'nice' format; you have to put files in
certain places... it says that in the README file.
	For now, it's located at neon.chem.utk.edu, in the /pub/MacBSD
directory, anonymous.  It's my first attempt at making it portable.
Remember two things:
1)	When you un-tar it, do it in an empty dir so you don't confuse
	the files.
2)	You have to declare NNTPSERVER in your enviorment.  Since it
	assumes you are using tcsh, use it.  (Declare it via
	setenv NNTPSERVER your.news.server.edu
If it doesn't work, send me mail, or better yet, post it.  I don't
think there are any problems with it, but I can't be sure, since I've
only tried it on my Mac. (SE/30)  Hope it works...

	At some later date, I'll put togethere a complete (and better)
package if people want.  Please remember, I didn't write trn.
		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

wolpert@utk.edu            | System Administrator
wolpert@osti.slip.utk.edu  | Systems Programmer
pa153568@utkvm1.utk.edu	   | Graduate Chemistry Student
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...