Subject: Need for a IIci or IIsi
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/30/1993 19:45:33
I think Paul Robichaux's idea is an excellent one.  I too would be willing to
thrown in $10 or $20 to allow the Alice group to rent a IIci to get MacBSD
going on these machines.  If there are enough people to cover the cost this
way, send an address out and I'll be happy to send a check.  I would be
extremely excited to have this working on my IIci.

In the event that not enough people can send money for this purpose, I would
be willing to give up my machine, but only after the 18th of this upcoming
month.  The end of my term is coming up and I depend on this machine, but once
that's over I can do without it for a few weeks, up to a month.  (Actually,
if the Alice people have a power supply they could pull from their IIcx, that
would be ideal...I have the infamous trickle down problem and need to send the
power supply in for repair.)

Let me know if any of this helps...and if people can donate to this like they
did the sumex drive, it would be a piece of cake to get a IIci for them to
work on for a month or two.

Scott Kaplan
sfkaplan@cs.amherst.edu