Subject: Re: MacBSD on the IIsi again (netbsd.nofpu kernel)
To: Veikko Vuorikoski <veikko@leland.stanford.edu>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/20/1993 01:32:17
>  Could someone give me a quick update of the MacBSD IIsi situation ?

In case no one's gotten back to you...
The situation is looking better, but still no go.  We still are lacking
a IIsi or ci to work on, but we're pretty sure what the problem is.

I'm trying to get around a hang in porting to the NetBSD-current code
(from somewhere around 0.9)--Mike has been doing the work on the nofpu
stuff.

>  I tried with the new non-fpu booter and non-fpu kernel on a IIsi, 17 megs
> o' memory, booting from a 128mb optical (that has been MKFSed with largely
> wrong and guessed values, since mkfs and install util give Error on
> SCSIRead() #5 and mkfs get a 0 for most values and gives some other
> errors) ... it got up to 7 bars when it seems to hang.

*ugh*.  If the kernel gets loaded, the disk should be working acceptably
well.  I don't know how the SCSI code in the kernel will deal with the
optical...

Allen Briggs         \ My eyes have seen you/Free from disguise
briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu | Gazing on a city under/Television skies.
- end                / My eyes have seen you/Let them photograph your soul
      killing -  / Memorize your alleys/On an endless roll. -- The Doors