Subject: Re: macbsd for 040
To: None <kallio@jyu.fi, owner-macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Chris Caputo <ccaputo@microsoft.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/18/1993 12:13:31
>> So, I have had the wrong idea that all rom calls are documented in the
>> "Inside Macintosh" - so they have not?
>
>The "internal" ones are not, as far as I know.  The _ShutDown is, but
>the entry point that actually reboots the machine or powers it down
>is not.  At least, I think that's why Chris had to go digging for it.

Right.  I didn't want to go through the normal process of calling
the API.  The would have required a significant amount of setting
up.  (stuff that MacOS does, but exactly what we didn't want for
MacBSD)  Instead, I traced to the needed code, and I just jump
to it.  Pretty disgusting, I know, but I couldn't figure out a
better way to do it.  Hopefully someone will...  The sequence
of instructions was only a few words long.

Chris