Subject: Re: swap space
To: None <dxc4@po.cwru.edu>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/17/1993 11:18:38
> I'm getting ready to install MacBSD on a different disc, and I was
> wondering -- the instructions say it will work with 4 MB swap
> partition, but 16 MB (!) is recommended. Last time I went with 10,
> but I really don't want to throw away any more than I have to. How
> much is really needed if there is only going to be one user (me)?

Don't ever ask this question on comp.unix.wizards :-)
Really, the answer depends on what you plan to use it for, and if you
think you'll ever add more disk space.  If you want to play around
with it for now, but don't plan to ever heavily use the system, just
use minimal swap (Hmmm.  I think minimal is == RAM size, but I might
be thinking of a different system).

Allen Briggs         \ My eyes have seen you/Free from disguise
briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu | Gazing on a city under/Television skies.
- end                / My eyes have seen you/Let them photograph your soul
      killing -  / Memorize your alleys/On an endless roll. -- The Doors