Subject: installation question
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Larry Samuels <samuels@VisiCom.COM>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/08/1993 12:35:55
Hi all.  I'm trying to get MacBSD up on my IIcx, but so far
my installs haven't succeeded.  Before going into
detail on this, I wanted to ask about the file
     update.cpt
present at the ftp sites.

The README.update talks about this file having  MacBSD Booter,
Install Utility 0.3, and a new kernel.  Problem is I can't
uncompress it (using Compact Pro). All the other files
were archived as MacBinary and xferred that way, but
the naming for update.cpt implies no MacBinary.

I tried changing the file type and creater to those
appropriate for Compact Pro (can't remember them off the
top of my head. tho) but no luck.  Am I missing something
here?  (Surely I am ...).

Many thanks for any help.  Kudos to all the MacBSD team!

Larry Samuels

Larry Samuels               VisiCom Laboratories, Inc.
samuels@visicom.com         10052 Mesa Ridge Court, San Diego CA 92121 USA
+1 619 457 2111    FAX +1 619 457 0888