Subject: formatting
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/13/1995 13:03:45
Regarding the message I just sent, I also tried writing my own program to
read/write to my new drive.  I read through both the ufs and the mkfs
source codes and followed that.  The problem I have with any program that
I create is that the program will lock up my entire computer at the
SCSIGet command.  Is there some sort of initialization you need to do
beforehand?  Every other program I've seen seems to work at this point,
except for mine.  BTW:  I don't have a C development system, so I can't
just copy in the source code, but I can convert it.

Is there any documentation anywhere where I can take a look at how some
programs r/w directly to a SCSI device?

Do I need an Apple driver on the hard drive itself?  If so, how do I come
upon one?

NOTE:  I'm using the standard procedure:
	SCSIGet
	SCSISelect
	SCSICmd
	SCSIRead
	SCSIComplete
but the computer locks up at the first command.  If I skip this, it locks
up at the Read command...

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
"Love Long and Perspire to Great Heights"

* pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu  *
* pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu   *