Subject: DT-1.0
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Kush <csk@asgard.eecs.nwu.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/11/1995 12:20:53
Okay, so I'm playing about with DT-1.0.  I've got my IIvx going with the 7
kernel (BTW, I noticed that the machine doesn't crash after 'shutdown now'
anymore, it actually drops into single-user, and I can bring it up again!!
This is the first time I've been able to do that!!)

Anyway, I've got a console and a serial term going; I try to run dt on the
console, and ps and kill the results on the terminal.  When I run, say 'dt -n
4' on the console, the console freezes.  But if I type at the console, someth
ng happens, cause if I do 'man -k futzbucket' I hear the disk go whirry.  From
the terminal, ps shows the right number of csh procs, and kill -9 dtpid
returns the console to a working state; it prints "Killed." and gives me a
prompt.

	 set TERM (shell, tset, and setenv) to vt220, I'm in 1-bit on a
640x480, and I re-mknoded adb, grf0, and grf1 as per the README, and then
shutdown to single and went back up to multi.  It just occurred to me that I
should have done a cold reboot.  I'll also try talking from an invisible vt to
 the dumb terminal.  Sorry, I evidently just wasted all this bandwidth.

BTW, my email acct here is being shut down on the 15th, but I'll be online
again from Colorado roundabout mid-August.  I hope to really begin
contributing to the dev effort for macbsd - my job will be assembly/C/C++
programming on RS/6000s.

Finally, what is the status of macbsd on 040 (centris, quadra) style machines?

csk@eecs.nwu.edu

--
                  "A rolling fortress of sound in every bite!"

christopher s. kush					       csk@eecs.nwu.edu
                The floggings will continue until morale improves