Subject: Re: SE/30 + SCSI Ether Box
To: None <toquenag@esys.tsukuba.ac.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 06/28/1995 22:58:43
> I have succeeded to install MacBSD on my SE/30 equipped with
> Booster30/50MHz.  There was no problem.  I would like to connect my
> SE/30 to Ethernet with FOCUS NuvoLinkSC, a SCSI device for Ethernet
> communication.  I would appreciate it very much if someone tell me
> what kinds of device drivers are available for the use.

There aren't at the moment.  You might ask on the current-users mailing
list to see if anyone is working on one for any NetBSD system.  If so,
you might be able to leverage off of their work.  I don't know if our
SCSI system is robust enough to work with one of these devices.
Probably not without some work.

In any case, I don't know how these devices really work.  Can you get
programming information from FOCUS?  If so, then that's probably the
first step.  I have an Asante scsi/ethernet adapter, but I don't have
any information on it, either.  It isn't a priority for me, yet.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **