Subject: Re: Source for SCSI driver
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Dan Menchaca <Dan_Menchaca@quickmail.apple.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/03/1995 12:29:13
                      Just when you thought it was safe to leave your
monitor...
                      RE>>Source for SCSI driver

Hmmmm.....

Well, I'll have to investigate this further.  Linux has a CAM implementation
according to my friend.  I'm researching the TWAIN interface for scanners.  I
wanted to toy with SCSI and my scanner.  How knows, if I become really
familiar with SCSI, I'll implement CAM (w/help) for MacBSD. ;-)

I don't know what CAM has to do with drivers.  What I believe is that CAM is a
layer in between the driver and the interface to SCSI.  The SCSI interface is
important to user accessible applications like formatting programs, scanner
programs, CD-Audio players, tape backup programs, etc.  On other systems this
is important.  For unix, non-storage operations for SCSI devices, it is
important to at some point have this interface or something similiar.

-jm