Subject: IIsi monitor as console
To: None <csk@asgard.eecs.nwu.edu, macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Debra M. McDonough <donough@beagle.Colorado.EDU>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/02/1995 16:37:16
csk@eecs.nwu.edu writes:
>	Also, someone recently posted that they were using their IIsi's
>monitor as a console, but later on they said that ADB still doesn't work.
>Does this mean they got their monitor to work for spewing out console error
>messages, (like "su to root failed") or what does this mean, exactly?

I'm not sure about the console, but some of us have a hacked version
of dt which accepts stdin as input instead of adb, so we can use the
IIsi monitor with a remote keyboard.  For myself, I use my IIsi
keyboard plugged into my powerbook, which is the serial console.  Once
I logon, I invoke dt, then I never have to use my powerbook screen.
I'm not sure if someone else has been able to get the output right on
the IIsi monitor upon boot.

Jim McDonough
donough@beagle.colorado.edu