Subject: IIsi problems
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG, macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brent Burton <Brent.Burton@math.tamu.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 02/23/1995 19:30:13
Hi all,

I realize I'm coming into the picture late, but I'm trying to catch up
with what the latest is on MacBSD.

I have a IIsi that I'm trying to get it running on.  (Config below.)

I recently grabbed the NetBSD 1.0 distribution and installed it without
incident on my external 140Mb drive.  However, it doesn't appear to boot
successfully.  The kernel loads, then it appears to hang.  No disk activity
and nothing is printed to the terminal I have connected to the modem
port (9600 N81).  The booter is getting the kernel from the partition
named "BSD Root" (the partition's name is the same, FWIW).

I removed my NuBus ethernet card (Dayna) but it didn't help.  Frankly, I
don't know what to try next.  If anybody else is running a IIsi, please
contact me - perhaps I am missing something.

As for MacBSD, I'd like to help out with the IIsi version.  I don't have a
lot of spare time, but I can do some things.  Is there a file describing
the current state of MacBSD, and what needs to be done?

Thanks,

-Brent

p.s. My entire machine configuration is

IIsi, 9mb Ram, Apple NuBus adapter/FPU card, Apple 13" monitor, basic
      keyboard/mouse.
SCSI: 0 = internal 80M drive (original)
      1 = external 140M drive (An old Sun external drive, works fine)