Subject: Re: BRAD vs current vs Ethernet
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 02/22/1995 18:51:44
>Let me know if this appears to be a positive or negative change...

The current kernel comes up fine without any patches, so that is positive.
Ethernet doesn't work though.

aeintr() is still getting called once during network initialization.  After
that "ae0: device timeout" messages are displayed every minute or so.

The only other two things that I can think of that are different between
current and Brad's earlier version is that he had:

    via_reg(VIA2, vDirA) = 0xc0;
    via_reg(VIA2, vBufA) = via_reg(VIA2, vBufA) | 0x3f;

in via.c.  Don't know what effect the above would have had, if any.  Also,
the remap_rom() in machdep.c changed.

I am assuming that the brad.tar file on fcr.com is the latest version of
his patches that correspond to his kernel.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Plymouth, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us