Subject: Re: AUX partitions
To: None <Dan_Menchaca@quickmail.apple.com, brewer@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Peter Brewer <brewer@umd5.umd.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/24/1995 15:38:48
>The guy thinks AUX runs on top of the MacOS.  Gesh.

Yep, they're the joke.

>Good luck.  I doubt they'll incorperate any of those features.

I think you may be used to PC-bias and Linux. Allen & Brad are very
familiar with A/UX having used/studied it extensively. In fact their
recommendation is to use the A/UX formatter as it works best at
this point. There are some things about NetBSD file systems which
include new technology but incorporating into an A/UX,Apple,Sys V
type environment is very hard because your employer is not very
forthcoming with documentation for external and internal to Apple
dissemination! If anything the people here lean too much toward
Apple/MacOS way of doing things rather than using the tools Unix
provides. Maybe you could help out with some of the technical
questions which neccessitate an insider's viewpoint?

-- Peter